I have had a sinking feeling in my gut for months now.
Every time I slow down, every time I study alone, every time I pray and every time I skim social media.
Some of you are going to be convinced by the description that I have some deep troubling weight or sin in my life that God is trying to bring to my attention. Some will be convinced that my health or lack there of, is catching up to me. Other may even make the assumption that I am just a lonely old sour face that has lost his joy and is wallowing around in the muck. Let me assure you, that even though all of these are potential answers to this situation, depending on the person and the specifics, none of these are the case here.
Disappointment is what I am feeling. Disappointment with so many Christians trampling the pearls of God's Word in the muck and mire of this world. Disappointment with the gnats, camels, motes and beams that are blinding so many from the weightier matters. Disappointment with leaders who have come to believe themselves to be something more than a servant or even seem to seek glory and approval from man. Disappointment in the dead men's bones and the despisers of those that are good. Disappointment in the lack of a Fear of God.
The direction in which God continues to lead suggests that great prayerfulness need be upon us.
I ask all to pray and consider the Lord's way.
What will we find ourselves to have chosen: 1Samuel 2:12 or Acts 17:6
Additional reading: Romans 16:17,18; 2 Timothy 3; Proverbs 9:10
No comments:
Post a Comment